Ripple Group was established in 1982 and is a recognised leader for bespoke retail display and interior solutions. We are a people focussed Investors in People Gold Award organisation, incorporating two trading entities, Ripple and Red Manufacturing.
- Ripple specialises in the design and fulfilment of bespoke solutions for leading brands and retailers, providing a complete end to end service.
- Red Manufacturing has diverse in-house manufacturing capability, including joinery, steel fabrication, finishing and assembly and has a goal to extend its offer to new market sectors.
Background – To support both Ripple and Red Manufacturing our Group Operations team oversees all order processing, procurement, estimating, production planning and manufacturing. The Operations Assistant reports to the Operations Director and liaises with the sales team to process orders and communicate day to day order and delivery status with customers. Orders are planned with the operations team and reviewed daily, as part of this role any variations to agreed dates and customer expectations are communicated to all parties to seek remedy.
Reporting to the Operations Director
Summary of responsibilities
- Liaise with Sales and Operations teams to receive and process new orders according to agreed timelines.
- Proactively and responsively communicate with customers as required by the sales team.
- Maintain the production schedule and review order status daily, for any variances obtain agreement from sales and operations regarding remedial action, communicate amongst the team and with customers as necessary and directed by the account manager.
- Assist the Operations team with procurement, progress chasing, production planning, dealing with invoice queries, KPI reporting etc and general admin.
- Organise transport and distribution in line with order requirements and using the most appropriate method whilst keeping within budget.
- Communicate delivery status to customers and stakeholders as required.
- First to answer phones and greet visitors.
- Support Operations Team
The required traits, skills, and background
- Experience in sales administration, customer communication and effective interaction with stakeholders across sales, procurement, and production
- Is enthusiastic, honest, and respectful with a supportive attitude
- Experience in excel and word documents
- Exceptional organisational skills
- A high energy, motivated and dependable individual with excellent communication skills
- Able to perform calmly under pressure and maintain attention to detail